Wednesday, April 28, 2010

White Wednesday-An Awesome New Dress

I had another post ready to go then realized that it is White Wednesday once again. I just had to show this amazing dress I found yesterday.

I made a much needed trip over to Stars & Splendid to fluff my booth and pick up my check. It didn’t take long so I thought I would take a little stroll down 13th street in Portland where there are several neat shops.

One shop I definitely wanted to visit was Justin & Burks. It had been awhile since I had been in there and as always, I was amazed at the gorgeous merchandise (enormous chandeliers, awesome farm tables and lots and lots of beautiful, but out of my budgets, items.) I ventured down to the basement where I have found a few goodies to bring home in the past. Lots of lovelies down there, but what caught my eye was an antique crocheted lace dress. It was beautiful and I have never seen anything like it. The neckline, the crocheted buttons on the back, the elbow length sleeves, it was perfection. I had no idea if it would fit me or not. Most antique clothing items are a little on the small side and I am not. But the clincher was the price tag. Regular price $65 marked down to a mere $30. I had to have it!

After purchasing my prize, I proceeded down the street and stopped at Grand Central baking for a bowl of French Market soup which was delish. For the car ride home, I got a yummy chocolate croissant. After eating all that, I wasn’t very optimistic that I would fit into that lovely lace dress.

Well, I’m happy to report that once I got home and tried on the dress, it was a perfect fit! I had my daughter take my picture when she got home from school. I was so excited I told her how much I loved the dress and that she had to admire me in it. She, of course, thought I was crazy. Okay, want to see this dress? Now that I’ve built it up so much, I hope you aren’t disappointed. Here it is!

DSCF0854

Of course, I had to wear one of my vintage slips under the dress and I was able to find a very simple cotton one that worked perfectly. Paired with my harness boots and I’m good to go. Now, if I only had somewhere to wear this little number. I do have parent/teacher conferences this week, but I’m not sure I want to go dressed as a tablecloth. Happy White Wednesday to you all!

30 comments:

Loose Sparrow Arts N Crafts said...

Oh, you certainly don't look like a tablecloth! I would be very impressed with meeting up with you in that dress, I would think, "Now there's a SOUL SISTER!" Sooooooo darling!

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Lisa, your new crocheted dress is stunning! It looks amazing on you! Oh, I love your vintage style. p.s. I can't believe you got it for a mere $30?!!

Miss Gracie's House said...

Lucky you! It is darling...how about
Farm Chicks?! You'd be the belle of the ball...er barn!
Happy WW!
Rene'

Diane and Kelly said...

Hi Lisa,
Great dress and such a bargain with a chocolate croissant to boot. A gal needs to treat herself every once in a while.

Kelly
Second Hand Chicks

sandra said...

oh my goodness, what a FABULOUS find!!! The dress is absolutely gorgeous and looks beautiful on you. The price was unbelievable....congrats on a real treasure!
Hugs,
Sandra

Diane Mars said...

Very cute! you look darling! What a great figure. Hugs, Diane

Rebecca Nelson said...

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Cute. love it!

xoRebecca

AuroraSuzette said...

Maybe that's your FarmChicks dress! I'm hoping I find something I like as much as my 2 (but using together as 1) nightstands!

Andy's Attic said...

What a wonderful dress and you look fabulous in it! Great bargain, too.
Annette

Heidi Ann said...

You were a lucky lady to find that beautiful dress - and it looks great !! I hope you find the right occasion to wear it very soon.

Dandelion and Daisy said...

You look so cute! You could wear it any where, it is very flattering. I need to get over to Sellwood and see what's going on.

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Ooohh la la Lisa! Wear it the next time we go out to lunch!

Alison Gibbs said...

What a great buy. LOve it
Alison

Lori said...

Lisa, that dress is TOTALLY adorable...and you look as cute as can be wearing it...congrats on your fabulous find!!!

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

You do NOT look like a tablecloth....and the dress is just too darn cute. I love the boots with it too....So wish I could wear them, but I wouldn't be able to walk!

Warm blessings,
Spencer

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Oh, isn't it pretty?!! Love the hemline!
So happy it fit you; you are cute as can be in it!
:)
~Becca~

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love your dress! and I love your blog, I have read your blog for ages! Your the type of person I wish was my neighbor. I also have an antique booth at a mall and do many projects. I started a blog of DIY tips, tricks, and secrets. If your interested please stop by http://thepolkadotcloset.blogspot.com/ If your not interested, I still think your a neat person and I wish we lived next door HA! Your my #1 bookmark truly!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Really a great dress...you look lovely in it!

Florence said...

That dress looks great on you, you were lucky to find it. It was good to see you on Saturday. Hugs Florence

Anne Lorys said...

That dress is utterly and completely fabulous. Love it!
And you rock those boots, too!

Have a wonderful Thursday!
Anne

Shab-n-Chic said...

Oh my..that is simply adorable and a steal! It paid to go into the basement that day..now you will going back every week. :)

-nancy

WSU Laura said...

Love it and you look fabulous in it! You always find the coolest stuff.

Timi said...

Thinking you should wear it at Farm Chicks.

gretchen said...

It's gorgeous and looks great on you, i am loving the boots with it, too!

Glamarella Junk-Sherry said...

Hey Girl....
We moved to Escondido..Urban Barn when your in town come by...
Urbanbarn155.blogspot.com
We are open weekly...plus our once a month flea markets.
Deb kennedy is setting up for our grand Opening in July....Hope you can come!!hUgs Sherry!

Kim G. said...

The dress is fabulous! Too cute!

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Lovely dress...great find!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

You are so darn cute in your dress and boots!! I turned down a dress like that not long ago....kickin' myself now!

xoxo
Becky

Maija said...

It's beautiful and I want it!! You really rock it!!

Arda said...

Wow, love the dress on you!