Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Timi

I first met Timi at Farm Chicks two years ago.  She had commented on my blog that she wanted one of my shopping carts and when she came to my booth to buy one, I knew we would be instant friends.  Timi is just a natural friend magnet.  She has such great humor, style, warmth and honesty. She will tell you like it is.  It’s easy to see why she has such a loyal following on both her blog and in her friendships.

A few days before Isabel and I headed North for the “Dream Girls Weekend",” I emailed Timi and asked her if she was available to meet us for lunch.  I mean, I couldn’t go to Washington without at least trying to hook up with my good friend.  Fortunately, she was available and she and her good buddy, Donna met Isabel and I in Sumner at this fabulous store. We did a little shopping, a little chatting and headed out for lunch. DSCF0719

Donna, Timi, Isabel and Me

In case you didn’t know, Timi is the mastermind behind “Come Junk with Us.” CJWU is devoted to sharing the whole junking experience by providing junk junkets to great shows and events.  Her next one is coming up in June where she is taking a bus of crazy and fun junking peeps to the fabulous Farm Chicks show.  If you are in the Seattle area and have been trying to decide whether or not to go, this is your opportunity to go and go in style.  Check out the Come Junk with us blog to find out more.  I know Timi still has some space available, but April 30th is the deadline so the time to book is now.  I guarantee you will have a most fabulous and memorable time.

On another note, Isabel and I were also able to do a little thrifting on our trip.  It’s been awhile since I have shown some vintage finds so, here are some of the goodies I uncovered.

DSCF0793

DSCF0795

I found the cute lamp at the Salvation Army, the little pink satin pillow and a picture frame (not shown) at another thrift store I can’t remember the name of in Longview, the lace  and gorgeous glass and rhinestone buttons at Today’s Country Store, and the rhinestone buckle at another Sumner antique store that I forgot the name of. At another thrift store in Longview, I found two adorable slips, a sweet vintage nightgown and a cute quilted pillow, but forgot to take a picture.

On my next post I’ll show you even more vintage goodness. I had a great day at my favorite monthly flea market and scored lots of great stuff. Be back soon!

3 comments:

AuroraSuzette said...

Nice post, and great picture of you guys. Haven't met Timi, but we've talked on phone, emailed, and it feels like I've always known her!

Florence said...

Great finds you found, it sounds like you all had a great time, Timi has such a great thing going there. Florence

Timi said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Thank you! You are sweet and I can't wait to be able to get me some "Lisa Time" in!
Have a wonderful weekend!