Saturday, October 10, 2009

Nothing Much

Hi there! I can't believe that I have been back from Kauai for two weeks now. After a summer of busy-ness with shows, moving into a new antique mall, and family activities, I am finally slowing down. I haven't been a good blogger lately. Partly due to the fact that there are four people in my family and only one computer. Partly because I haven't really done anything blog-worthy these last two weeks.

I could tell you about the fun new cowboy boots I found at Monticello last week

(can't wait to wear these with some dresses/skirts and tights this season)

or the cute pair of mary janes I got yesterday at TJ Maxx.

(I love Mary Jane's-they make me smile just looking at them and these are really comfy!)

Or I could tell you about the fabulous cast iron casserole I bought at Macy's. It's the 5 quart Martha Stewart one in a nice bone color. So far I have made meatballs and beef stew in it and I'm looking forward to making many more soups, stews and casseroles in it this fall/winter.

(A special thanks to Timi for posting the link to these casseroles on her blog)

I did find a few things at a couple garage sales this weekend and last. Some of them have already landed at Monticello and Splendid. But others, like this trunk and little side table are waiting for some elbow grease.
( The little table will get some sanding and paint, the trunk some sanding and a little bit of my special stained wax)

Speaking of Splendid, my booth there is packed to overflowing. Most of the stuff (cool junk) that was left over from the Monticello Fall Sale went there. Wish I had taken a picture of it, but I was in a hurry to meet up with some friends for lunch and forgot.

Not a lot planned for this weekend, but it is Onion Festival today in my little town and there is Fireman Chicken to be had. It is so yummy!

As an added note, I also wanted to tell you about my friend Amy who finally started her blog, Into Vintage. Amy is an incredibly creative and sweet gal and has been selling her lovely creations on ebay for years and is also selling on etsy. I first met Amy at Expo a few years ago when I was selling with Isabel. I haven't seen her since last November when we were neighbors at a Christmas bazaar. Amy is super sweet so stop by and give her a warm bloggy welcome. I'm sure she would love it.

Next weekend I'll be making that trip to So. Cal that I mentioned on my last post. I'm really looking forward to visiting with family down there and hopefully doing a little shopping. I'll also get to have breakfast at my favorite place (Swing Inn in Temecula) and try to beat my dad at tennis for once. Should be a good time and I think the weather will be nice too! Hope you all have a fun and relaxing weekend!

14 comments:

Miss Gracie's House said...

It's good that it does slow down once in while, isn't it? Take a breath and then start all over again:) I'll go check out that new blog now...
Rene'

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Just stopping by with a "hello" -- going to pop in on your friend Amy's blog now....
:)
~Becca~

Connie said...

Yeehaw, sugar!! LOL
xoxo,
Connie

Alison Gibbs said...

I think we all need a bit of a break from blogland every now and then
Alison

My Vintage Treasures said...

Great Boots!!! Don't forget to post after pix of the table & truck. Now off to check out the new blog :)

Into Vintage said...

Thank you SO much for the shout out - I am meeting some very lovely & inspiring blogging ladies!

Have a wonderful trip to SoCal. 33 degrees here this morning. :-) -amy

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

I keep hearing about Monticello, you are so lucky to have been there, it sounds like a wonderful place. Great buys!
I really enjoyed your Kauai post, what a beautiful place.
Isabelle x

Lori said...

your mary janes are so cute...that is my kind of shoe!!!

AuroraSuzette said...

I love your Mary Jane'ssa, girl! Have fun in southern CA. Amy's blog is nice..thanks for the link.

Lorna ~ Lace and Ivy Cottage said...

We all need to slow down once in a while. Love all your finds, and I agree, your shoes make me smile too. Too cute! We've had breakfast many times at Swing Inn. Bet you don't meet many bloggers who know of that place in Old Town Temecula! Have a great time when you're in town!

jules said...

Love your blog...hope you show the after pics on those two pieces you showed us. Safe travels, Jules

Madisen and Friends said...

That side table and trunk have much potential!

Love the finds!

Madisen

Rita said...

Hi,
I'm rita, come from italy and have a thing for roses too, hence the name of my blog Rita's Shabby Chic Ros. Guess we have also other things in common such as home decorating, junking, hunting for vintagey things and shabby chic home decor.
Having both this very deep love for roses , i'll be delighted if you'll stop by my blog even if only for a brief peep just to get to know each other better.
you can find me at http://www.ritashabbychicrose.blogspot.com/
Hope to meet you there soon
Warmely
Rita

Eileen @ Star's Fault said...

I love Mary Janes and cowboy boots too. Haven't gotten brave enough to wear my beautiful boots with a skirt yet, after all, I live in Alaska which is not really cowboy country...but I do actually have a horse, so maybe it wouldn't be so strange, and boots are really piopular these days. Okay, you've talked me into it!

Blessings ~ Eileen @ Star's Fault