Tuesday, November 13, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JOY!

Joy, ain't she cute?!


Today is my good friend Joy's birthday. Please stop by her blog and wish her a happy day. I know she would just love that. She and I started our blogs around the same time, okay, she started hers first which then motivated me to start mine. She is one of the sweetest, funnest, most real people I know. I can always count on having a great time when we get together. In fact, I will be heading over to her place tomorrow to work on a Christmas project, to see her recent auction finds, and to just have some good laughs and conversation. So, in celebration of Joy today, here are a few photos that I'm sure she will love me sharing.

Isabel and Joy at the quilt tourIsabel and Joy sewing queens

Joy at the Portland Antique Expo July 07


Me and Joy at the Polk County Flea Market


Joy at Coburg Antique Faire


So, in honor of your birthday, I made you this beautiful cake. What do you think? Isn't it wonderful? And guess what? No calories too.


Hope you are having an awesome day! See you tomorrow! Love you!

6 comments:

Esther Sunday said...

Will do. You are a nice friend!

Charmingdesigns said...

Really enjoyed reading your blog!! You found some real goodies!! I have to be in just the right mood to do the "digging" thing.lol. Laurie

Sandi McBride said...

Visit with Joy wa successful...love the doll cake...I remember them from when I was a child! Do you know where I can find one to bake for my granddaughter???

Auntie Joy said...

Oh my gosh Lisa what a hoot. I was afraid to scroll down for fear what I might see!!! I love the cake. I have made a million of those as I used to work as a cake decorator in a past life, you know.. You did a lovely job. Thanks for the surprize and bday wishes
Love you!! JOY!

Sweet Remembrance said...

You are such a nice friend!
Priscilla

Cathy said...

It looks like you girls are having way to much fun. Love reading your blog.

That cake was adorable!

Cathy