Wednesday, July 14, 2010

She Shoots, She Scores

I was going to do a White Wednesday post today, but since I’ve been doing quite a bit of junking/shopping the last couple weeks, I thought I would show you what I’ve been finding.  I have had some really good luck and have found some neat stuff.  Some of the following will be joining me at the Barn House Flea Market coming up July 31st, and some will end up in my mall spaces.  Here we go.

DSCF1196

I have been finding some adorable vintage lamps lately and just yesterday I came across a box of vintage doll clothes at one of my favorite thrift stores. The stack of plates came from Value Village and I got the coat hooks at Aurora Mills.

DSCF1198

Love these little dresses, especially that pink polka dot one in front.

DSCF1178

DSCF1181

Don’t you love this sign?  I found it and the flag at an estate sale.  The shopping cart with back basket came from a garage sale in my neighborhood. It will be getting a cool liner and will be coming to Barn House with me.

DSCF1182

DSCF1195 More thrift store finds. I couldn’t believe I found a whole box of vintage flash cards.  I’ve never found them before.

DSCF1187

These hangers which I got from Randy at Madison Park as well as this super cool vintage hat are keepers.

DSCF1185

I was on the hunt for rhinestone buttons at Expo last weekend.  Here is what I found.

DSCF1184

Also got a bunch of glass ones too.

DSCF1186

Some cute rhinestone pins.

DSCF1189

Two cute vintage cotton slips. My favorite!

DSCF1190

Vintage long underwear.  Keeping one and selling one.

DSCF1200

Little thrifted dresser.

And finally,

DSCF1199

Lovely floral hanging clothing cover.

Wow, all that shopping makes me tired.  I’m off to do a little housework now.  Hope you enjoyed my found treasures.  I’ll be working on some projects the next couple days so I’ll be giving you a few sneak peaks of some things I’m bringing to Barn House.

17 comments:

Tete said...

Big score!
I would love to go shopping with you...or maybe ahead of you. LOL
Great finds!
Can't wait to see what you do with that little dresser.

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Staci and I are coming to the Barn House. Are you selling the flash cards by the each or the whole box? I'd love to have some.

Patina said...

You did real good Lisa!
I love finding treasures at the thrift store.
Love the sign, great find!

Jennifer said...

You always have a great eye! I have been picking up lots of cute vintage baby goods too ;-)

Tammy said...

Great finds! I Love the hangers and all the rhinestone buttons, and those flash cards - too cool! I've been looking for some of those myself!
Tammy :-)

Shell said...

Oooooooh Lisa! Sure you don't want to part with the Vintage hat and some of those awesome buttons and pins? Too yummy!
Sounds like you had a good time at the Expo!

Going to do my firstBooth at a show in Oct at Timi's event in Monroe! >yikes<! I've gone "ADD" the last couple of days (what to make/restore first???) Sure I'll settle down soon!

Enjoy your week!

Hugs,
Shell

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh every thing is lovely!! I love the fabric in that clothes hanger!....Score!

Carol

Uncovered Ruby said...

How fun..but it is exhausting isn't it! I've got lots of 'projects' waiting for me out in the barn for our flea too. Hopefully
I'll see you July 31st if not at BH then down at ours (Vintage Gathering)
Lisa :-)

Alicia ~ time worn style said...

Most excellent haul, you would have come home with a smile on your face with all those!
alicia

roseroomnz.com said...

oh my goodness,the dolls clothes are gorgeous! Rachaelxo

Mitzi Curi said...

Summer is the time to load up on goodies, and you certainly prove that point! Your finds motivate me to get out there this weekend and score some great stuff myself!

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Lisa,

Wow, you got some great stuff! I must get to some sales. Love the glass buttons! Come and say hello if you get a chance. Have a great weekend.

Debbie from NJ

vintagesue said...

whatever!!!!! ugh...you always, always find the best stuff and i just live too darn far away to shop your expos. LOVE IT ALL....i love those flashcards and that long rose panel closet thingy is amazing. the knitted hangers....so cute.
LOVE those buttons too. oh...a box of vintage clothes at a V.V? not in this neck of the woods!! thanks for sharing and good luck at your next sale. i always love to see what you find. you find the best treasures.
sue

Barn House said...

Geez-Louise your header and pictures are BIG. I am soooo jealous. Looks like you are collecting some awesome stuff!! Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks.

J & J

Alison Gibbs said...

Wow you found some fabulous things. Loving all those glass buttons and the pretty floral clothes cover

Rochelle said...

Boy, if I only had a fraction of the kind of thrift stores you have in Oregon, I would be in thrift heaven. Nothing worth the hunt in our local ones here....I think it might be time for a road trip to visit my parents soon!
Great finds!
-Rochelle

Susie said...

Your post is getting me so excited to get back out there thrifting! And here I was trying to unwind before bedtime.....wonderful blog!
Susie
The Polka Dot Rose